Monday, October 31, 2016

Corbin Writes A Good Tale, Senner's Gold in the Superstitions is a Winner!

First, let me say that this book has been panned. The two folks who cared to write reviews of the book gave it one star. That is like saying forget it to the public. Now, I bought the book on Amazon and I enjoyed it. It was definitely not a one star book. If you are a Southwest enthusiast, from Arizona in particular, or you have gold fever and believe there are untold places in Arizona and the Southwest which have not belched out evidence of gold to the old prospectors, then I say it is well worth the $3.00 for the read - indeed, it is worth more.

I read this in two nights and didn't turn the light out because it was boring. I turned the light out because I had had a big day prospecting, and at nearly 70, age interferes with reading time! I really think this book has been done a disservice. The author, Helen, the wife of former AG of Arizona, Bill Corbin, has written something worth note.

As an Arizonan, I favored Bill Corbin. My bias passes to his widow who has written a good tale. Hey! Share it with your Southwest officiants and see if I am not correct. By coincidence, Happy Halloween from the management!

https://www.amazon.com/Senners-Gold-Pounds-Goldfield-Superstitions/dp/1879029022/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1477972314&sr=8-2&keywords=senners+gold


No comments:

Pioneer Bounty: $40,000 in Gold Coins Near Point of Rocks, New Mexico

The Santa Fe Trail was a transportation route opened by the Indigenous people of North America as well as European trappers and traders in t...