Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Placer Gold in Arizona - A New (Old) Resource on Gold Prospecting in AZ

I suppose you could call this a plan. Anyway, I am always interested in where gold has been found. And there is nothing better than to get some historical information about the location of gold placer. These tips on geography are in Arizona, since that is where I prospect. The digitizing at this site is great! It is a wonderful archive, and the materials are easy to read.
The whole state is discussed, but I will emphasize page 58 since that is where I do most of my prospecting. It covers the Black Canyon, AZ placers. PP 59 and 60 cover the Globe-Miami area.
Here it is: http://archive.org/details/placergolddeposi00john

No comments:

Pioneer Bounty: $40,000 in Gold Coins Near Point of Rocks, New Mexico

The Santa Fe Trail was a transportation route opened by the Indigenous people of North America as well as European trappers and traders in t...