Sunday, December 09, 2012

Dry Washing in the Desert

This is an article describing the parts and advantages of a dry washer. I wrote the article based on my experience. The photos are of a dry washer that is really too heavy to use in rough areas. But if you have a claim not far from a road, or the terrain is fairly flat, you could wheel it. Otherwise, you probably will want to leave it at your camp or bring a lighter one. I take concentrate home and use it, and use it at the claims that I have access to that are easy to get into. My light dry washer and medium sized one are the ones I take good distances from my parking area. You learn what the best way is to process as far as time management. One claim I have access to requires me to go down a big gorge - needless to say, the big lumber job I have isn't going to make it. So, I either bring buckets of material up to the big one (not often), or dry wash with my smaller unit at the bottom and bring the concentrate up. Hope this helps.
http://john000.hubpages.com/hub/Making-Placer-Gold-Mining-Easier-A-Piece-of-Desert-Equipment-the-Dry-Washer

No comments:

Pioneer Bounty: $40,000 in Gold Coins Near Point of Rocks, New Mexico

The Santa Fe Trail was a transportation route opened by the Indigenous people of North America as well as European trappers and traders in t...